Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pina colada cake balls!

I made these for my mother-in-law today her birthday.
Here is how I did it.
This is what I started with:

Then I baked the cake according the instructions on the box.
After the cake has cooled off, crumble up real fine in a large bowl.

Add 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk and stir together. When the mixture is about the same consistancy of play dough you have got it right.
Roll into balls about the size of a ping pong ball.
Place in freezer for about 1/2 hour. While they are setting get started melting your almond bark.
Dip each ball into the almond bark tapping on the side of the bowl before placing on your wax paper.
After I finished each row I sprinkled with shredded, sweetened coconut so it would stick before it cooled off to much.
Place back in freezer for another 1/2 hour then enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment