Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mexican Dip

My friend Pat -aka goddess- of the kitchen shared this recipe with me and now I'm sharing with you. This stuff is so good you'll need to twelve step program to stop eating it.

Here is what you need:
1lb of hamburger or ground chuck
2 cups of cooked rice
1 can black beans
1 can tomato and chilies
1 diced onion
1/2 tbs of chili powder
1/2 tbs garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano (not pictured forgot)


Brown your meat and onion together then drain the grease.


 At the same time cook your rice. I use brown in an attempt to be healthier and you won't notice the difference in this dish.


Drain and rinse your black beans


Add all the spices and stir in.


 Add in can of tomatoes.


Add in your beans.


Stir then let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. All those flavors will hold hand and start singing Kum ba ya together. And believe me your tongue will thank you!

 Now you must take a chip and taste test. And another and another --it's all about quality control. If you are satisfied you then call to your family to come and get it before you eat it all.


 You can serve this on tortillas, on chips, or melt with Velveeta and it makes a delicious dip. You make it hotter by added in jalapenos. I had weenies for dinner so I couldn't but it pretty darn good that way too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment