Thursday, August 23, 2012

 
Fear
 

    I hate to admit it but I have put off getting a crown done for about 5 years now. I have been fortunate so far in having pretty healthy teeth. I have only needed one filling which I had done about 16 years ago in one of my back molars. That filling has been deteriorating and was so large I really needed a crown. The dentist was willing to try to re-fill it but warned me to might break. -- Which was exactly what happened.
I am somewhat claustrophobic and just the thought of sitting there with all the people in my face for hours just makes me break out in a sweat. I finally decided to bite the bullet and just do it.
     My stomach was in knots and I was very anxious. My friend Charyl is her dental assistant and helped put me at ease. We got started and I closed my eyes and they started to work. And you know what? It really was not that bad. I got myself all worked up for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment