Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Doctor Who

THE DOCTOR
 

Some of the kids in my church youth group kept referring to this TV show called Doctor Who? I was like "Doctor who? What what's his name? " They said it was the best TV show ever!!! So I took their words to heart and started to watch the recent reboot of the series starting in 2005 on Netflix. From that first episode I was hooked. I  watched show after show. I had to find out what happened next.

This show has run on and off for the last 50 years on the BBC. The first one aired the 23rd of November in 1963. The main character, the Doctor, has the ability for to regenerate if his body is badly damaged. He is a timelord and has a a ship called the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space). It allows him to go anywhere in time and space. He usually travels with a companion and trouble usually finds them wherever they go. That makes for endless story possibilities.

I love the fact that it's not all about half naked, artificially, beautiful people and their whinny dramas. This show has real stories lines with real looking people.

If you are tired of the same old, same old the networks are offering now I highly encourage you to give it a shot. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment