Wednesday, August 21, 2013

dinner time

Maddy started back to school last week so that means supper busy evenings again. She is a football manger so that means after school practice. When you add in church bible study, praise band practice, meetings, and Sunday night credo, it makes for a very busy mom. So I decided to do a marathon Sat and prep all my meals for the week. We found a great deal on hamburger so we'd bought 20 lbs of it. I divided some up to freeze then used some for our meals for the week. 
I made meatballs, beef enchilada mix, taco mix, and meat loaf. I also cooked rice and froze it for easy side dishes too.


Here's is what my freezer currently looks like. I had my hubby put the meatloaf in while we were still at church. It was nice coming home to a hot, homemade meal that was not one of those frozen entrees full of sodium and preservatives.


No comments:

Post a Comment