Friday, March 9, 2012

The drive.

Sometimes I take different ways home.
Sometimes it's because I need a change of scenery. Sometimes I want to see where a certain road takes me. I hate to be one of those many, mindless, robot people stuck in traffic on the freeway... just because that is what everyone does.


 I found this delightful smooth stretch of road with a slalom in it. What person wouldn't be able to resist a grin when you turn the wheel and put your foot down on the gas petal into that first curve? I got to see fields of new, green crops, cows sunning themselves and have a spring breeze blow thru my hair.


Everyone should step out of their box every now and again. Don't be one of those people crawling in traffic, breathing in someone else's exhaust.
In those famous words by Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken
"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment